AddThis

Share |

Saturday 17 March 2012

Interlude: Susanna Rigacci and Ennio Morricone


Good evening readers. This blogger apologises for needing to take a few days, possibly a week, away from online life. Please feel free to leave comments in the interim though, as I would welcome your opinions on the recent ‘Beyond the Fringe’ series in particular. However, as I will be absent from my increasingly outdated computer for a while, I will neither be reading nor publishing comments until I return, so do not take it as an affront if your words do not appear over the coming week, for they will do so when I am next able to log on in seven days or so.

Meanwhile, given that a recent comment brought to mind spaghetti westerns, it reminded me of this energetic uplifting piece by Ennio Morricone – The Ecstasy of Gold – here sung by the stunning soprano Susanna Rigacci. Muse's Knights of Cydonia would have made a suitable companion piece, but for some reason I was unable to embed the code of the accompanying video.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.pressparty.com/pg/newsdesk/RominaArena/view/51687/

    ReplyDelete

Comments that call for or threaten violence will not be published. Anyone is entitled to criticise the arguments presented here, or to highlight what they believe to be factual error(s); ad hominem attacks do not constitute comment or debate. Although at times others' points of view may be exasperating, please attempt to be civil in your responses. If you wish to communicate with me confidentially, please preface your comment with "Not for publication". This is why all comments are moderated.